Curtis Smith describes himself as a humble and successful person who is proud to be a father. He strives to be a great role model to his son and uses hard work and determination to get to what he wants in life.
Curtis is today’s Glad Dad…
1) What has been the best part of fatherhood for you?
My best thing about fatherhood is that I have a little young man that follows my every move so that has helped me to become a better man and role model because I have eyes looking at me now.
2) What is the most important lesson that you have learned since becoming a father?
You have to be patient but disciplined at the same time because you have to give them structure and rules to go by that will help them be successful in life.
3) What is the secret to being a good father to your children?
The secret to being a good father is being there and listening to your kids because they need attention and the more attention you give the more you bond with them.
4) What does Fatherhood mean to you?
It means the world to me. My son is the most important thing to me and that’s why I have fought so hard to be in his life and let him know that Daddy loves him.
5) What do you feel is the best piece of advice that you have ever given your children?
That you have to be a leader not a follower in life and be thankful for what you have.
6) How does your parenting style differ from the style of your parents?
I am old school I still believe in disciplining, but now I talk to him to let him know why I am doing it.
7) If you could go back in time and tell yourself one thing before you became a father what would you say?
That I should have settled down and then started a family.
8) What piece of advice do you have for fathers who are not currently present in the lives of their children?
You need to be responsible for the kids you man enough to lay down and make them but u can’t take care of them they didn’t ask to be here in the world. You and the mother made a decision to sleep with each other and the result was the child so don’t make the child suffer for that.
9) What is the one moment since you became a father has changed your life forever?
When my son first told me he loved me those words made me fight harder to see him and be in his life.
10) What do you feel your legacy as a father will be?
A Good kind hearted humble father who will do anything to make sure my son and family come before anything except God.